Basic Tips To Follow For Healthy Feet
It is not only your heart that needs lots of TLC, but your feet also need it. After all, they are workhorses of the body, and you take more than 5,000 steps in a day with them. Your feet also have to bear your full body weight.
Additionally, we cram them in shoes and also stand for a much longer time. These hard-working feet at least deserve some care. The following are some basic tips to be followed to keep your feet healthy and sweat-free.
Basic care for healthy feet
Just like you don’t step out without brushing your teeth, you should also not step out without taking care of your feet.
- Check them regularly for sores, cuts, infected and swelled toenails.
- Clean them well in warm water, and avoid soaking them as they may dry out.
- Moisturize them regularly with petroleum jelly, cream or lotion. Don’t put any moisturizer between your toes. Keep this skin dry for preventing infection
- Skip wearing flats and flip-flops, as they don’t offer arch support.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting shoes, as it may hurt your feet.
- Switch between your shoes, make sure you don’t wear the same pair every day.
- Trim your toenails with a nail clipper. Use a nail filer for smoothing out the corners, that prevents the nail from growing in your skin.
How to keep your sweaty feet under control?
- Start by following good foot hygiene.
- Wash your feet well with antibacterial soap. Make sure it is clean between the toes too.
- Keep your feet dry and sprinkle it with the foot powder or cornstarch or use an antifungal powder.
- Wear moisture-wicking socks.
- Keep changing your socks frequently throughout the day.
- If you are still unable to control it then you must visit your doctor. He may suggest some treatment options like botox injections, roll-on antiperspirants, iontophoresis or surgery.
- There is also popular topical known as Qbrexa that helps in blocking the sweat well.
What is foot odor?
Before knowing how to control foot odor, you should be well informed about its causes. Mainly when your sweat gets mixed with the bacteria present in your shoes, it creates a bad odor.
How to control foot odor?
- Wash your feet in warm water regularly and use mild soap. Let them dry properly.
- Dust your feet with some baby powder or use non-medicated foot powder. You can also try an antibacterial ointment.
- Keep on changing your shoes and socks at least once in a day.
- Wear shoes that allow your feet to breathe like mesh, canvas are some of the good options. Avoid plastic and nylon shoes.
- Avoid wearing the same shoes in a row, not more than 2 days. For the athletic shoes, you must switch your pair and let them air out for at least 24 hours.
- Soak your feet in the black tea, let it boil for 15 minutes & mix with two quarts of the cool water for a week for half an hour.
Try these some handful tips by freaky shoes today and see a visible difference.