HOW MUCH DO SHOES WEIGH? HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
What is the standard weight of shoes? Whether they are sneakers or any other type of shoes, the weight of the footwear we use can have a significant effect on our movement, posture and even the general health of our feet, legs back and hips. Different shoes have different weights. While others can be lighter than we can notice, other footwear is way too heavier that they can be a source of discomfort while walking or running. Therefore, we need to pay close attention to the weight of the shoes we put on our feet, even before buying them. This article discusses the various factors affecting the weight of our shoes, and many other interesting facts about sneakers and shoes in general.
What Factors Influence the Weight of Your Shoes?
Several factors are responsible for the weight of your shoes. However, the most basic of these factors are materials, size, type, the features of the shoes and added weight. We shall discuss how each of these factors plays a role in determining the weight of shoes.
What Is the Weight of Shoes?
The weight of shoes varies with the different types of footwear, as some type are heavier than others. For instance, the Vans are significantly lighter than most other shoes because of the materials used in designing them. Hence, it is relatively less straining in waling or running in Vans, than when wearing a work boot that has a steel toe area. Furthermore, the weight of shoes may vary depending on the ages and gender of those they are meant for. For women, the estimated weight of their footwear is between 2 and 2.5 pounds, which is equivalent to between 908 and 1134 grams. On the other hand, the weight of men’s shoes is generally between 2.5 and 3 pounds, which is between 1134 and 1361 grams. When it comes to age groups, the shoes made for children are the lightest, as they often weigh between 1 and 1.5 pounds, which is between 454 and 680 grams.
Apart from the age groups and gender, the other main contributors to the differences in the weight of shoes are the size and the materials used in their designing.
The Shoe Size
We started by learning that size is one factor determining the weight of any shoe. Generally, bigger shoes are made up of more materials, which significantly add up to the overall weight of the shoe. This explains why the number 6 shoe would weigh less than the number 13 shoe. However, if your feet can fit well in the number 13 shoe, you will less likely feel the effect of the extra weight. This is because the weight of the shoes is distributed evenly around your feet, making the shoes to feel lighter.
When searching for the shoes with an average weight, you will have to look out for the average weight too. This may require certain thinking skills to find the right weight amongst the many that are available today.
The Materials Used in Shoe Making
The materials used in shoemaking play a significant role in determining the overall weight of the footwear. In particular, the type of material and the amount used in designing the shoes are the major determinants of the weigh of the shoes. Many shoes are made of rubber. While others have a thin, flat rubber sole, others are made with a thick sole that serves to absorb shock when walking or running. This difference in the amount of rubber used on the sole brings out the differences in the overall weight of the shoes. Moreover, the padding used for different shoes is another factor that determines the weight of shoes. While the padding is useful in absorbing the impact from the ground, it adds up to the weigh of the shoes when used in large quantities. This explains why the footwear designed for heavy activities, including the Jordans and some sneakers, is a bit heavier because of the excess padding that serves as a cushioning. On the other hand, brands such as the Vans and Converse are made with minimal padding, making them lighter.
The shoes designed to ensure the safety of your feet usually have their toe area made of steel, which makes them heavier. Such steel toe areas are necessary because these shoes are worn during heavy-duty works, including landscaping and construction. In addition to the steel toe areas, the materials used in making the uppers of shoes are also significant contributors to the general weight of the footwear. For this reason, the uppers of athletic shoes are made from synthetics and cotton to make lighter. On the other hand, boots and dress shoes are made from leather, which makes the relatively heavier.
The Weight of Running Shoes
The weight of running shoes varies with gender, with the men’s footwear on the higher side, just slightly below 9.5 ounces. The women’s shoes are a bit lighter than those for men. However, this weight partially affected by the materials of the shoes, as well as the traction with which they are designed. The differences in the weight of the shoes between the male and female footwear are due to the different design and priorities of the shoemakers, and it does not necessarily mean that the shoes have different degrees of comfort.
The cushioning or padding put in a shoe is a determinant factor with regards to the shoe weight. The shoes meant for running are generally designed with 5 cushioning levels, as outlined below:
- The first level, known a bare minimum, is designed to provide a low level of support for the feet when running. They make you feel like your running or walking barefoot, serving to strengthen your legs and feet.
- The second level of cushioning is designed to make your feel a subtle padding touch on the ground. Also, this level serves to add strength to your feet and is ideal especially for those competitive runners.
- The third level enables you to have a feeling balance between flexibility, moderate padding and lightness. You can use the shoes with this level of cushioning if you want to always feel energetic and on the go.
- The fourth level of cushioning is designed for shoes meant for high performance. Though these shoes can be a little heavier, they are generally durable and recommended for racing and daily training.
- The shoes with level five cushioning have the optimal padding and are the heaviest. However, they are the best footwear for daily wear and can provide fantastic mileage.
Does Shoe Weight Matter?
If you have ever worn too heavy shoes, then you certainly understand the effect of shoe weight on your movement and general comfort of your feet. This is because the heavier the shoes, the more prone you are to experiencing fatigue in your feet, as well as strains and stress in your ligaments. On the other hand, when you wear lighter shoes, you are less likely to experience pressure in your feet, though the shoes provide minimal cushioning. That is why you need to be more selective when buying shoes, based on the support they can offer your feet, as well as enhancing faster and less tiring movement. However, if you intend to go for outdoor workouts, then lightweight shoes are more preferable. They enhance comfort on your feet because they are more breathable and less cumbersome.
Some shoes are designed to be heavier because of their makeup. When this weight is too much, such footwears are known as weighted shoes. In effect, the soles of these shoes could weigh about 5 pounds more, which help you to cut your weight by burning excess calories during walking. This can be likened to wearing some weights around the ankles when working out or excessing.
Despite this advantage of wearing heavier shoes, they can also lead to straining of your ligaments and leg muscles. In turn, you may end up with injuries in your feet, requiring you to stay off exercises for long. As a result, heavy feet are not natural and wearing heavier shoes will just worsen the situation. You can cut much of your body calories by instead working out without heavier shoes.
The Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered and discussed several questions regarding heavy shoes and the effects of wearing such footwear on your feet. However, the following questions are also relevant to our topic of discussion.
- What is the weight of a box of shoes? The weight of a box of shoes depends on the weight of the shoes in the box. For instance, while the weight of the shoes may be between 1 and 2 pounds, we have to consider the weight of the dust bag, as well the paper envelope, which may weigh 8.8 ounces. In the end, the total weight of the box and shoes inside will be between 2 and 3 lbs.
- How much do shoes weigh to ship? If your business is to buy and ship shoes across the country, you need to know the precise weight of your package. This means that when the shoe box and its contents weigh about 3 pounds, the bigger box you use for shipping can only add a few extra ounces.
- How much do sneakers weigh? We just learned that sneakers are made with extra padding because of the purpose they are meant for. Therefore, sneakers can weigh between 2 and 2.5 pounds.
How Shoes Are Made: Step by Step
Having learned a bit the weight of shoes, let us shift our focus on shoes are made, whether they are lightweight or heavy. We are going to look at the step by step process of shoemaking in this section.
In the old golden days, the entire shoemaking responsibility was entitled to the shoemaker, who carried out this activity using hands. Though shoes can be handmade in this current age, the entire process exhibits outstanding fashion and art. Moreover, the process of shoemaking is currently left for the nesting process in the manufacturing industry. In these factories, the process of shoemaking is carried by different specialized departments. In this way, the shoes are taken through several high-tech stages for them to be ready for wearing. Also, there are different manufacturers with various and unique stages involved in shoemaking, all depending on the kind of production method used. We are going to some of the most common stages used to make shoes in the factory today. These steps are discussed in the following section.
- The Designing Team
There are different departments in the factory that are tasked with the different stages of shoe production. This means for you to successfully start your own shoe brand and you need to produce it, you will need help from the prototype stage right to the finishing. The entire shoe production process will have to begin in the department that is tasked with designing. This is a team that is proficient in creativity, with the ability to know what will make your shoe look stylish and modest, as well what will make perform highly and for longer. The design team uses the sketches provided to them by their client to do the refinement. With the current technological developments, most shoe designers prefer using the computer, though you can still find those that use their hands.
- The Last Department
This department gives the shoe its last before it is ready for production. It gives the shoe its physical basis, as well as its final shape. A last is a mould that is designed to emulate a foot, giving the shoe its final shape. Lasts are currently made from metal or plastic, unlike the wooden types that were made traditionally. A number of factors have to be put into consideration when making a last. This is because the lasts have to be precisely fitting the shapes of the left and right feet. For instance, the heel height has to be considered in knowing the rolling of the foot when one is walking or running. After it has been made, the last has to be inserted in the shoe, in which it is modelled. The shoe takes up the shape of this last, a process that is repeated right before the is finished to ensure the shape has been maintained in the production process.
- Stamping and Sewing
It takes true mastery to make the best shoes due to the many pieces of materials that have to be stamped and sewn together. These high-quality pieces of leather usually need stamping during the production process. After the stamping process, the shoe is known as a shaft. The pieces of leather need stamping to avoid the confusion that is usually experienced during the sewing process. It is during stamping that the shoemakers are able to know exactly the positions of the eyelets and other features like the brogues if the shoe needs to have them. Also, the pieces of leather that may need stitching are marked and thinned before the shoe or shaft is taken for sewing.
- Shoe Assembling
When the stitched, it is ready for the dying process. The assembly department is very crucial for the production of the shoe, as it determined the final look of the footwear. For instance, the Goodyear welting is the assembling process used for the classic Oxford or Derby shoes.
The Goodyear welting process has a long history that extends to 1872. In this process, the shoe insole is first inserted below the last by use of three nails. Next, a rubber ridge is then fixed onto the sole, making it easy for the shaft to be stitched onto the welt of the Goodyear. After lacing the shaft, it is then fitted on the last, and then onto the insole by use of nails and hot glue. Finally, the last and shaft are left for between 30 minutes and 24 hours for the leather to assume the shape of the last. A 3mm piece of leather, known as the welt, can then be stitched onto the insole, as well as the lining. The stitching is precisely done by use of the Goodyear machine, ensuring that the welt is closely stitched to the rubber ridge and the shaft.
The stitching of the Goodyear is so precise that the stitches are invisible from the outside. The shoes made using this technique do not have the welt that usually runs around the insole and only leaving out the heel area. The insole and the shaft are instead nailed together and piping, a leather piece shaped like a heel, fuses the two. With the piping nailed onto the insole, it is held in place on the shaft by brass pins. Finally, the last can now be removed. In its place, a shank is fitted to provide the necessary support as the manufacturing process proceeds.
Comparison Between the Goodyear and the Blake Methods
Apart from the Goodyear welting method, the Blake method is commonly used in the manufacture of men’s footwear. The Goodyear welting method is common in Northampton, the town in the UK that is well known for traditional shoemaking. On the other hand, the Blake method is mainly employed in shoemaking in Italy and other parts of Europe's mainland. With this said, there are striking differences between the two shoemaking methods.
In the Blake method, which dates back to 1856, the Langhorn machine is used in the stitching process. The sewing of the shaft, insole and outsoles is done without welts in this method, making the shoes to be more comfortable wearing and less rigid. The Goodyear method is favoured in the UK because it can be used to produce rigid shoes that are more suitable in the country's wet conditions. Another notable difference is that the shoes made by the Blake method do not have external stitches, and are rather closer cut when compared to those made by the Goodyear method. This means the Blake shoes offer more flexibility because their outsoles and uppers provide a tighter fit. The Goodyear shoe is made with more layers, which guarantees the durability needed to last in the wet regions. However, they are not very suitable for people living in dry areas.
- Step Insoles and Decoration
The step insoles are glued and stitched onto the welt of the shoe to ensure comfort and support during movement. This step also involves removing the brass pins and sealing their holes with leather. The next phase involves ironing, dyeing and polishing, after which the brand’s logo is inserted and the shoe is cleaned.
- Shoe Room
In this stage, the shoe is taken through finishing touches, polished and laces are attached to it if necessary. The shoe is thoroughly inspected for quality, packaged and finally shipped to the respective retailer. You can then buy the shoe from the retailer.
10 Sneakers You Can Actually Wear to Work – For Any Dress Code
Sneakers are among the most comfortable shoes that can be worn in various work environments. This is despite the fact that many offices have strict measures regarding dress codes. However, sneakers can serve well as business casual, formal and even professional in the many work environments with no strict dress codes. Therefore, the following are the 10 sneakers that can be comfortably be worn in any work environment with almost any dress code.
- Plimsoll Sneakers
Of all the types of sneakers out there, plimsolls are the most common and famous. If you can buy and sell plimsolls, you are sure to make some good money because they are loved by many people and can fit any occasion. Plimsolls are trendy, comfortable on your feet, and simple, yet they can go with any outfit. You can wear plimsolls with casual outfits, smart every day, as well as panty ensembles. Moreover, you can stock plimsolls with denim shorts, formal trousers, and even linen chinos to attract a broader market since they go hand in hand. Therefore, consider investing in plimsolls with a variety of outfits, and it can become your side hustle, as well as your primary source of income.
- Slip-On Sneakers
These are a kind of plimsoll sneakers that come without laces. Have these as part of your stock today to attract those people that are after simplicity and comfort. They are designed for those who want to just slip them on and go out for a walk. Furthermore, slip-on sneakers are designed with a minimalistic and fashionable touch and are just a perfect sale for anyone of any age. Designed for any occasion, slip-on comes in various colours, including navy blue, black, grey, and magenta. You can buy and sell these plimsolls at competitive prices, and you will not lack customers at your store who are looking for something simple for their feet.
- Athletic Kicks
If your customers to have a feel of sporty footwear, then add these athletic kicks to your stock. The athletic appearance of these sneakers works marvellously in attracting the masses. Depending on how often people change running sneakers, you will have a flock of customers at your store just to have these athletic kicks that are just so popular and fancied by many. They come at friendly prices, and you can resell them and still make some profits. Those into sports will just come for these trendy and stylish sneakers at all costs. Therefore, when considering investing in sneakers, remember to make these athletic kicks part of your stock.
- Classic Canvas Converse Sneakers
These sneakers are so common they could appear as the first search result on Google. They are popular and well recognized by masses around the world. Though any canvas sneakers are known to be low-ankle, the Classic Canvas Converse Sneakers have high ankles. With these sneakers, you assured of a comfortable and durable shoe that will sell highly due to its affordability to many people. They are long-lasting and can stay in good form for longer, being worn with different outfits ad still make everything fashionable. As a result, you can buy them at fair prices, sell them to many people, and make a good profit.
- Adidas Men's VS Advantage Tennis Shoes
As the name goes, these are sneaker shoes designed for tennis by one of the famous shoe brands, Adidas. They form a good pair of white sneakers meant for gentlemen that love tennis sports. You can choose to add these iconic silhouettes to your collection and have the men in your locality flock to your store just to own this prestigious pair. The men can revel in the stylish looks and the versatility of these sneakers, which can be combined with various outfits, including formal. Their price is fairly on the higher side, which means these shoes will make you good money. People will care less about how much sneakers are worth when they lay their eyes on these sneakers.
- Nike High Top Sneakers
These are among the most cherished sneakers on the market today, and investing in them would guarantee you untold profits. They can be combined with a variety of outfits, including jean trousers and pairs of chinos. Moreover, having these sneakers in your stores will save many people the hassle of acquiring basketball shoes online, and they can get them from your collection. They are durable both on the court and off-pitch, and their utility is an assurance of making high sales in all seasons. If you wonder why sneakers are a good investment, have these in your store today and make lots of cash, especially if you can sell them together with suitable outfits.
- Velcro Sneakers
They are both stylish, fashionable, and suitable for those people that want something for their feet without the need for shoelaces. The Velcro Sneakers can be put on with any casual wear to accentuate your customers' looks in all seasons. They come in different colours and can be used to complement any smart-casual outfit to reflect confidence. These sneakers are a good investment since they come at reasonably high prices, meaning they can make you reasonable sums of money if you add them to your collection today. If you have bad boys in your locality, you can have these shoes in your store and see them line up for them at prices that leave you with good profits.
- The Converse Denim Sneakers
The denim fashion is not only confined to jackets or pairs of jeans. These Converse Denim Sneakers are bold and fashionable shoes that anyone wants s to have on their feet today. Though they come at higher prices with these shoes in your collection, it is one way of guaranteeing yourself huge profits. Combine these with any denim outfits and attract all the customers in your locality, looking for bold and fashionable footwear. You can put a fair price tag on them after buying and resell them to make reasonable sums of money because they will be bought in plenty. This is because the Converse Denim Sneakers are popular and well-received by a broad market.
- Aeropostale Printed Sneakers
As you stock up different pairs of sneakers, forget not to include the Aeropostale Printed Sneakers. A pair of printed sneakers will just go a long way to attract many customers who want something to complement their fashionable statement. Whether they are just lightly printed or having many different printings, you will find people who taste anything like this. Provide your customers with the best collection of sneakers by adding bringing this pair closer to them today. They are bought at fair prices, and you can resell them at a price that leaves with a dollar on top. It is a guarantee these sneakers are going to make high sales and in plenty.
- Puma Knitted Sneakers
Apart from the printed sneakers, having several Puma Knitted Sneakers pairs guarantees you something trendy to add to your collection. Challenge yourself with this prestigious pair, which may require a bit of maintenance. However, this just makes them stand out from many other sneakers, and who does not want to stand out unique? The price of these comfortable navy-blue sneakers just speaks for this footwear because they are modish, simple, and uber cool. The Puma Knitted Sneakers are trendy, so they are fancied for their stylish and fashionable look.
Shoe Size and Fit
Not all of us can precisely tell if the pair of shoes we are buying are of the right size. We may presume to be totally aware of the size of our footwear, though this is not usually the case for most of us. It is known that the shoes we buy are the size of our feet lengthwise. However, we hardly consider the height and breadth of the shoes with regards to our feet, ending up buying a pair that is too big. How will you know that the shoes you purchase are too big for your feet? Read on to find out the answer to this question.
How Do You Know If That Pair Is Extra-large?
Which shoes should I buy? This question is common to many of us that cannot the size of your feet. It is hard to know precisely if the pair of shoes you are buying is extra-large for your feet unless you have worn them. The discomfort you feel when wearing the shoes is one pointer that the size is not the right fit for your feet. This is just one way of questioning the size of your shoes, as there are many other ways of identifying this problem. In this article, we share the different ways and the possible measures to take to fix the problem of your shoe size. This is achieved in the following three simple steps:
- Measuring the size of your foot
- Getting your shoe size by the use of a sizing conversion chart
- Ensuring that you have the right fit
- Measuring the size of your foot
How can you tell your shoe size? You can quickly know the size of your shoes by making your foot's outline. Draw this line around your foot and closer to the skin. You can then take the measurement of the length and width of the footprint. Repeat the whole process for the other foot. These measurements are a true reflection of the size of the shoe that best fits your foot.
- Getting your shoe size by use of the sizing conversion chart
Dealing with the problem of too big shoes can be a real challenge, especially if it is the favourite pair. There are many approaches to fixing this problem, as discussed above. However, when the methods above all fail, you may be forced to use more serious techniques towards fixing your too-big shoes. However, using the measurements of your feet from the procedure above, you can easily use a sizing conversion chart to find the right size of your running shoe. You can do this by matching the length measurement taken above with the recommended size of your running shoe. The same technique can be used to find the right width of your running shoe. However, in case you end with running shoes that are way too big, you can use the following procedures to quickly fix this problem
Shrinking the Shoes
This process may sound quite complicated and almost impossible. However, once you know the basic steps involved, you can actually do it yourself and fix the problem of too big shoes without professional assistance. The method is suitable for canvas, leather, and suede shoes. You will need cool water, a leather conditioner, and a blow dryer in this process. After having the required ingredients, you can shrink your shoes using the following steps:
- Identify the exact area of the shoe that needs shrinking, such as the sides or the front. This step is only applicable when you want to shrink a part of the shoe. If it is the entire shoe that needs shrinking, then start with the following step.
- If you want to work on a section of the shoe, wet that area with cool water using your finger or a piece of cloth. For the entire shoe, use a spray bottle for wetting and not immersing the shoe in the water.
- Set the blow dryer to a medium setting and apply heat on the wet shoe or the identified section. The blow dryer should be held about 6 inches from the region to be shrunk until it is completely dry.
- If you are working on suede or leather shoes, the dryer should be continuously moved around the shoe’s top edge. This way, the leather or suede shoe heats faster and becomes easy to be shrunk.
- After sufficiently drying the shoes, put them on to see if their size has been reduced to fit around your feet.
- For suede and leather shoes, apply a suitable conditioner onto a piece of cloth and gently rub it on the surface of the shoes. This ensures that the shoe material regains its moisture. You can read the manufacturer’s directives to confirm how long the conditioner should stay on the shoe surface.
The process above is enough to enable you to shrink your too-big shoes to your desired size. The following simple tips can be of help in case you want to shrink your shoes with ease:
- Consider working on different sections of your shoes while shrinking them, rather than working on the whole shoe at once. For instance, you can start with the front area of the shoe because it can easily be shrunk.
- Do not put the insoles in the water or wet them in any way. This is because the insoles can easily develop a foul odour, cracks, or even discolour.
- In case you are working on canvas shoes, do not bring the blow dryer too close to the shoe surface. This is because the canvas fabric can easily be discoloured when exposed to direct heat.
- In case you are shrinking leather shoes, take note of any changes in the smell or any signs of the leather cracking. If this happens, turn off the blow dryer immediately.
- When the results are not satisfying after the process, keep repeating the procedure until you note differences in the size of your shoes.
- The shoes may shrink to an extent the fit is extremely tight around your feet, causing pressure to build up. If this happens, you can wear a pair of socks thick enough inside the shoes to stretch the shoe material.
Constricting the Shoes.
This method can be used when you have some skills in sewing. It involves stitching elastic bands inside the too-big shoes, especially in the areas of the heels. On constricting, the elastic bands will pull the opposite sides of the shoe towards each other, making the shoe to have a tighter fit around your feet. This process only requires you to have a sewing needle, the elastic bands, one for each shoe to be constricted, and a thread. the following steps are used in this shoe constricting process:
- Stretch each elastic band tightly inside each shoe to be constricted in the heel's regions.
- Hold the stretched bands and use safety pins to secure them in place.
- While the bans are tightly stretched, sew them in this position and remove the safety pins.
- After sewing the elastic bands, release them. The two sides of each shoe will be pulled together, giving the shoes tighter fits around your feet when you wear them.
You now know the exact steps to take to deal with the problem of too big shoes. Many other measures can be employed to counter this problem, though the ones I have shared are the most common. Also, they are guaranteed to give you positive outcomes if carried out in the proper way. You can carry out one method more than once to note the desired difference.
- Ensuring that you have the right fit
You cannot precisely know that your shoes are too big for your feet by merely looking at them. It requires that you first put them on to know where the problem could be, especially as you walk around or run. In this regard, you may consider many factors that point towards the extra-large size of your shoes. To know that your shoes are too big for your feet, look out for the following signs.
- The discomfort in your feet. Most of us only associate discomfort in our feet with smaller shoes. This is because the smaller pair of shoes usually make us feel as though our feet are being compressed, especially in the toes and heels. Also, there is a lot of pressure resulting from wearing smaller shoes and spending more extended periods in them. However, putting on too big shoes also generates discomfort. You may have realized that, at times, the shoes tend to slide around as walk or run. The sliding movements may either be from back to front or even sideways. We will try to deal with discomfort by curling our toes to try and hold the sliding shoes in place. In the end, it is common to feel pain in the feet, as well as the back. Furthermore, your toes may develop blisters due to the continuous sliding and the attempts to hold onto the shoes with our toes. This situation may be aggravated by walking on wet grounds as the moisture enter the shoes, making them slide even more.
- Too long and overlapping laces. Another indicator of shoes bigger than the size of your feet are overlapping laces. You need to look at the length of the shoelaces when buying a new pair. If you can comfortably tighten the laces until the two ends meet, it means the shoes are too big. This means the shoes will only fit when you tightly lace up the laces and tie their remaining length around your ankles. If this is the case, then you may just have bought another too-big pair of shoes.
- When the shoes extra-spacious. While wearing the newly bought pair of shoes, you can know that they are too big by stretching your toes to see if they hit the tip of the shoes. This is what we do every time we are walking or seated. The toes should reach the shoe tip, or the space between them and the end of your shoes should be the size of your thumb’s width. If you realize that the space is too large and you can stretch those toes to no end, then it means you have too big shoes, and you need to take the necessary steps to either resize the shoes or do away with them.
Now that you have learned how to know if your shoes are too big, it is also worth knowing the action to take after the realization. Furthermore, it is good to understand how lacing techniques can affect your shoe fit. There are several ways of lacing up your running shoes for them to fit tightly around your feet. This ensures that they do not occasionally slip out your feet as you run. A good lacing technique also serves to prevent your feet from sliding around in the shoes while running, giving your feet the support that is needed.
This informative article has shone some light on the different aspects concerning the weight of our shoes. It is always recommended to wear shoes with the right weight. This is a necessary consideration when buying any pair of shoes, depending on their purpose. In many cases, running shoes should not be too heavy on our feet. On the other hand, the shoes we use for work, such as construction, need to be enhanced with safety measures, such as the steel toe area. In the end, any pair of shoes on our foot should be the right fit. We can improve the fit of our shoes by learning the best ways of lacing them. This ensures that they fit snugly around our feet, enabling us to run comfortably.