How To Clean White Suede, Leather Or Canvas Shoes
Cleaning white shoes was never this much easier. By following the simple cleaning tips recommended by experts you will not only keep them whiter and spick & span, but it will also help you in increasing the life span of your white suede, leather or canvas shoes.
Ways to clean white suede shoes
This is a bit tricky as it has a delicate fabric that gets stains easily. Due to this, you must have seen that most of the shoes don’t come in a complete white hue. These true whites get dirty easily.
However, here are simple steps for cleaning them.
- Get a pink eraser, suede brush, white vinegar, and a soft cloth
- Start by blotting the shoes with a soft cloth for removing moisture. And, gently rub the stains with a pink pencil eraser.
- Take a paper towel and place them on wet stains and gently apply pressure. Make sure you don’t rub this dirt or stains, as they may spread across your shoes.
- Dip your clean soft cloth in some white vinegar and rub on the remaining stains. As soon as you are done with it, let your shoes dry and rub outside of your shoes with a suede brush. This helps them in getting their velvety texture back.
How to clean your white leather shoes
It is one of the materials which is easy to clean as it doesn’t absorb much water as compared to other fabrics. Here’s how you can get started,
Get a paper towel, cotton rag, ivory soap and magic erasers for washing leather shoes.
Wet your paper towel and squeeze out the excess water. Wipe down outside of shoes which help in removing the big dirt pieces which are caught in different shoe parts. As soon as you are done with this, let your shoes dry for around ten minutes.
Wet your magic eraser and take off the excess water. Run your magic eraser up & down of the soles of shoes until all stains or dirt is gone. Make sure your magic eraser is damp.
Wet a cotton rag and lather it up with ivory soap. In gentle motion, massage its upper part until it gets back to perfect white color. Wipe off the excessive soap easily with a rag. Let your shoes dry for ten minutes.
Ways to clean white canvas shoes
- It is pretty simple to clean white canvas shoes. You can do it just by using white vinegar and baking soda.
- Mix baking soda with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and add a cup of warm water.
- Dip a clean toothbrush or a cloth into the paste and start by scrubbing away the dirt on the shoes. This baking soda mixture can get dry quickly. Gently brush off the remaining paste and let the shoe air dry.
With these simple hacks and steps, you can clean your white suede, leather and canvas shoes. Try these methods today and keep following freaky shoes for more shoe cleaning tips.