How To Paint Shoes With The Spray Painting Method
Are you fed up watching your shoes in the same old color? Do you want to have shoes that can perfectly match your outfit in the upcoming event? Well, this expert guide can help you learn how to make your artistic boots.
It is an amazing way to rejuvenating your old pair of sneakers or for getting the right color match. Let's have a look at the important things involved. You can get to know which products can work well, how you can prepare your shoes and how to easily do art on sneakers.
What kind of spray paint can work on shoes?
The success of every project lies in the hands of selecting the right tools. Painting leather with a suitable product for your shoes type is the right thing to go for. Never go for the wrong paint as it can crack or peel after drying.
Many of the paints are suitable for plastic, vinyl, and leather that comes in an aerosol can which is easy in application. The two popular paints called Best brillo and Moneysworth is a good choice. You can find more than 52 colors in these two for art sneakers.
How to prepare shoes for spray painting?
It is important to prepare artist shoes before spray painting.
Things you need
To make your shoes shining after the spray paint, you must have the following things that can help you with cleaning and preparing shoes before painting them.
- A shoe brush
- Leather preparer or 100 percent acetone or a deglazer
- Old large sheet or a tablecloth
- A clean rag or cotton wool balls
- Warm water
- Painters tape
- Dishwashing soap
- Scouring pad
Things you need for spray painting the shoes
When you are all set and prepared for spray painting the shoes, you must grab your choice of paint, an old newspaper or an empty container.
Get ready to transform your unique shoes men by the given method
- Place the prepared shoes on an empty container which allows great access in all the areas where you are willing to paint.
- Place the shoes on a surface which is covered with some newspaper or a sheet
- Hold your spray around 4 to 6 inches away from shoes, which will depress nozzle for releasing the paint.
- Cover the whole shoes with even, long strokes
- Apply various thin layers until you get the color you want.
- Allow every coat for drying before applying the other one, this takes one hour.
- Once you have finished painting, let your shoes stand for an hour for drying.
- Remove the painter’s tape and leave your paint for at least 24 hours.
Work in one direction around the shoes while spray painting. This offers an even finishing and ensures that you don’t miss any of the parts.
Make sure your paint dries well between every application, for preventing drips from getting formed.
Work in a ventilated room only.
Get ready to make your shoes for artists and learn more details only on freakyshoes.com.