Top Ways To Give Your Dirty Old Sneakers A New Life
We all expect our sneakers to get worn after some time, but we always forget that they can also get dirty. We all want our shoes to appear tidy and clean but we forget that wearing them regular or even at short intervals can make them dirty.
Everyone needs to clean your sneakers regularly or follow the DIY hack to keep them tidy every time. As sneakers are the main culprits as their grooves and rubber soles easily get dirty.
Even if you wash them, its clothing parts turn clean but rubber stays the same, dirty. Don’t take the stress anymore; follow the below-mentioned cool DIY hacks for giving your old sneakers a new life.
#1 Water and Toothpaste
- Use a new toothbrush and take any toothpaste and squeeze it on your toothbrush.
- Wet it with water a little and then start scrubbing over the dirty part of your shoe.
- Once you have scrubbed it sufficiently, wipe off the shoe with a clean and wet cloth.
- #2 Baking soda and Lemon juice
- Dip your toothbrush in few drops of lemon juice and sprinkle some baking soda on it.
- Scrub your dirty shoe with a toothbrush
- Once you are done with the scrubbing process, wipe off your shoe with a wet cloth.
#3 Use a hair conditioner
- Apply any hair conditioner on your shoe
- Make use of a rough sponge for rubbing the conditioner on your sneaker’s rubber
- Once you are done, wipe off the excess conditioner from your shoes.
#4 Wood cleaner
- Pour some wood cleaner into the cap of your bottle
- Dip your toothbrush in a wood cleaner and start scrubbing on your shoe
- After it is fully rubbed in and is sudsy, wipes off your shoe with a wet cloth
- #5 Use an eraser for cleaning sneaker
- Take your sneaker and dust off the dirt from your sneakers by using a soft shoe brush.
- Take a shoe eraser and rub it on its small area and then dust the dirt of the rubber by using a brush.
- Keep on repeating the shoe until your whole area is cleaned.
- Empty your kitchen’s dishwasher; keep everything aside kept in it.
- Add on a dishwashing detergent and put your shoes on its first rack facing them downward.
- Run your dishwasher as normal, once it is done, take out your wet shoes and play them under the sunlight.
- You can also use a dryer for drying them.
#6 All-purpose cleaner
- Take a toothbrush and an all-purpose cleaner. Spray your shoes with this cleaner and start scrubbing your dirty areas.
- Take a towel for rubbing off excess cleaner
- You can also use dish soap as they break down the level of grease and don’t even stain the sneakers.
#7 Watered down bleach
- This method is appropriate if followed properly.
- Use a toothbrush and dip watered down bleach on it.
- Use the brush for cleaning away tough stains.
Follow these amazing top 7 hacks for your sneakers and you will be glad to see their final look. Try any of them now and learn more only at freakyshoes.com.